Its been a quiet Sunday. We have been putting up wooden ventian bilnds and J is making roman blinds. Grace has been playing, sleeping and eating which is where this post will go into more detail.
We want to try and make as much of Grace's food as possible. The main reason is so we can know the quality of the ingredients and I also want to teach her to cook eventually. To have her be involved in her food. Not that she's aware of it now but we make the food with her watching from the high chair.
Yesterday we made Salmon and carrot puree, 3 veg puree with tomato and cheese and porridge with pear and apricot. They taste great and I got the ideas from a book I have bought called "Top 100 Baby Purees" by Annabel Karmel.
I have ordered the book but it is yet to arrive so I used a couple of recipes from her website http://www.annabelkarmel.com
Its worth a look. Grace has tried all 3 and has loved them. The textures and flavours are different and all new to her but you can see her exploring it. Its fun to watch and also to know she's getting great food to help her grow. We freeze them in ice cube trays and they are ready to go at any time.

1 comment:
These purees sound exciting. Grace will grow up with an exotic taste, but you'll certainly know what she is eating - at least while you two are the chefs. You'll have to show me how to make the roman blinds J as I've been looking at some for our windows. I would like a permanently 'down' flat, sheer blind for daytime, with a blockout roman to come down in front at night.
Post a Comment